Forxiga contains the active substance dapagliflozin.
It belongs to a group of medicines called “oral anti-diabetics”.
• These are medicines taken by mouth for diabetes.
• They work by lowering the amount of sugar (glucose) in your blood.
Forxiga is used for the type of diabetes called type 2 diabetes where your body does not make enough insulin or is not able to use the insulin it produces properly.
This leads to a high level of sugar in your blood.
Forxiga works by removing excess sugar from your body via your urine.
It can also help prevent heart disease.
HOW TO USE
Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you.
Check with your doctor, pharmacist or nurse if you are not sure.
If you are taking Forxiga for type 2 diabetes: • The recommended dose is one 10 mg tablet each day.
• Your doctor may start you on a 5 mg dose if you have a liver problem.
• Your doctor will prescribe the strength that is right for you.
Taking this medicine: • Swallow the tablet whole with half a glass of water.
• You can take your tablet with or without food.
• You can take the tablet at any time of the day.
However, try to take it at the same time each day.
This will help you to remember to take it.
Do not take Forxiga:• if you are allergic to dapagliflozin or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.